If you don’t know seo friendly content writing tips, then my dear friend forget about ranking on Google.
When I look at my past; I see ‘how dumb I was’ , just keep on writing like fools because I was not aware of these ultimate writing tips.
I don’t know nothing about quality content and ‘What is SEO friendly content structure, guidelines, examples (nothing)’?
So, I don’t want you to make that mistake especially beginners.
My purpose for writing this article is that everyone should know; ‘How to rank on top of Google by writing SEO friendly content’?.
So, not wasting much of your precious time let’s crack the code of seo friendly content writing.
Why keyword research is necessary?– If you don’t know what to cook then how your content recipe will be ready.
Understand your audience
The first step is to understand your audience. What type of content your audience wants?
What is their search intent? Find the major problems your audience is facing related to your field ( niche).
Find relevant topics. Take help of social platforms ( quora, facebook, you tube etc.) and Google trends.
If you can solve the problems of audience through your relevant quality content then you are going to rock.
Find relevant keywords
Now, here we make first biggest mistake; that is not targeting right relevant keywords.( deep analysis is required)
Let’s find relevant keyword through an example
When I searched a keyword hand grip strengthener; it shows some related keywords.
How to Choose Keywords?
- Long-tail keywords.
- Still in trending.
- Less (competition and KD%).
Take a look at 5 keyword in the image above.
Through this analysis find your main keyword and related keywords.
- Analyse your competitors that are ranking on the top page.
- Take content ideas and see ‘How they are ranking on top?’
- Think what unique and different you can provide to audience.
Use your focus and related keywords in-
- Meta description
- Content ( especially in the first 10% of your content).
- Alt text
‘Why the user will click on your post if he/she doesn’t find the headline engaging?’
Eager to know how to increase engagement on your post through catchy title. Let’s see.
Ultimate Hacks to write Catchy Titles
- Use power, numbers, negative, and positive sentiment words in your title. For e.g. Ultimate, hack, super, best, top, how to, what, amazing, top 10, 2020, etc.
- Write a genuine title. Your content should meet the expectations that your title generates in the user’s mind.
- Write a simple, clear, and concise title. Connect emotionally with the audience.
- Title length should not exceed the limit i.e.60 characters.
- Including text in brackets in headline leads to an increase in 38% more CTR ( Click through rate)
Some examples of catchy titles
- How to write a blog post fast that works- Ultimate Guide 2020.
- You will be sorry if you miss this Ultimate guide to content writing.
- 10 Ultimate hacks to train your brain.
- How to earn $10K in less than a month- Money Blogging Hacks
Now, we are going to explore the main seo friendly content writing tips i.e. quality content writing
Bonus Hack- Test your headline in Coschedule headline analyzer.
Content Writing and Crafting
One of my friend calls me and says- “Hello, I have a written a catchy title, done basic SEO but my site is still not ranking”
Then I read his content and found that there was no content crafting, no content relevancy, not done SEO properly and a bad readability.
When I told him some quality content writing hacks his post ranks within a week. ( He was shocked).
In short, “Content is King”.
If the user clicks on the title and doesn’t find the introduction engaging and useful, without wasting any time user will bounce back. How to increase engagement through title-
- Start with fact, humor, questions, or a quote.
- Give a great overview of your post ( why the audience should read your article?)
- Use power words and include your focus keyword.
- Don’t write long introductions.
Ultimate Hacks to write main body content
- The first important step is to use short paragraphs ( not more than 4 sentences). Use bulleted lists.
- Give examples and facts. Tell your own experience ( emotional connection is important).
- Include power words especially ( ‘How to’ and ‘I’ ).
- Include relevant subheadings.
- In short: Write unique, relevant, simple, and high-quality content ( provide value to the audience).
Like starting there should be a great ending of your post.
- Keep it short ( it should look like a summary).
- Write your own point of view. ( provide a suggestion).
- Ask an easy question so that people can comment easily. ( give the right direction and increase engagement).
- Add Call to action ( your product, any post, course link).
I generally provide a infographic in my conclusion.
Keep your content fresh. Don’t forget the post after writing it. Keep on updating your old posts.
Google loves fresh content.
LSI ( Latex Semantic Indexing) are the related keywords which help the google crawler to understand your content easily.
Benefit of using LSI keywords is that your post can rank on Google for multiple keywords.
How to find LSI keywords?
There are many free tools through which you can find LSI keywords such as LSIgraph, Answer the public, Google Keyword Planner, and many more.
Where to use LSI keywords?
You can use LSI keywords anywhere on the page but it will be great if you can use these keywords in the following places-
- Meta description
- Alt text
- And , Obviously in the content.
Bonus- Beaware of keyword stuffing. Don’t use your keywords more than 2% ( max ) in the article.
Before publishing please check the readability of your post. There is no need of writing a quality post if it is not understandable.
There are many tools out there to check Readability. I personally use Hemingway App. Try your best to get a Grade 9.
Bonus Tip- Install Grammarly extension to avoid spelling and grammar mistakes in your content.
Without images there is no meaning of quality content.
People love consuming information through visuals. Please don’t copy/paste images directly from Google. ( give credit if you are copying the image).
Add screenshots, charts, graphs and infographics ( available at the end of my every post, infographic conclusion).
Adding infographic increase audience engagement, shares, and also the number of quality backlinks.
Alternative text is the description of the image. What will happen if I don’t add a alt text?
- Search Engine Crawler will find it difficult to understand your uploaded image.
- It will not be indexed in Google images.
- If by chance the images don’t appear in the user device, nothing will be shown ( because there is no alt text).
While uploading your image, save the image with the right title like- LSI-keywords.jpg not image.jpg. and alt text can be ‘LSI graph keyword suggestions’.
Ultimate hacks to image optimization
- Install a WP Smush or ShortPixel plugin ( if using WordPress platform), otherwise, compress the image before uploading ( great if the size is less than 100 KB).
- You can add as many images in your post ( one image every 150 words).
- Images with people faces are likely to get more engagement.
- Use the Canva (free) tool to create your own images. You can download free images from pixabay, Shutterstock, etc.
The next thing people read after title on Search Engine Result Pages is meta description. It is a small overview of the post.
- Include your keywords in the meta description.
- Write engaging meta description like the title. ( give a great overview)
- Don’t exceed the maximum limit ( max 160 characters).
The address of the page is known as URL ( permalink).
How to optimize URLs?
- Write short URLs, ( only your main keyword)
- Write your permalink carefully because permalink can’t be changed ( if changed your whole traffic will be lost).
- Don’t include stop words ( a , the, is , in etc.)
Linking is very important to increase crawl depth and boost your ranking. There are two type of links- Internal and External.
Internal Links- Connecting your post with your another blog post is called Internal Linking.
External Links- Connecting your post with another’s website blog post is called external linking.
- Link externally to high-authority websites.
- Link internally to relevant blog posts. Don’t just add internal link if there is no relevant connection between the posts.
- Add links between the content. Don’t write separate lines or words for adding links.( like Click here, buy etc.).
- Anchor text should be relevant.
How many links we should add in a post? See, there is no ideal number of links but add at least 4-5 internal and external links.
About 70% of the users access the internet through mobile. So, if your website is not mobile-friendly then it’s difficult for you to rank on top.
- Architecture- Make your website responsive. Choose a mobile-friendly theme that also loads fast.
- A page builder is also required to make your theme responsive. Don’t rely on free themes. You have to invest some money on the page builder and a mobile-friendly theme.
- So, If you want value for money theme then I suggest you purchase Divi from Elegant themes ( contains builder, themes for unlimited websites, and many features in just $
89$70 from my affiliate link) . Get 20% Instant Discount on Divi
- Increase the font size of your theme. Increase the size of the buttons you use on your website.
- Whenever you customize your theme, see how it looks in the mobile through the mobile view button.
- Optimize images that look clearly on the mobile
- Run a mobile-friendly test weekly.
But what happen if your site is mobile optimized but the loading speed is slow. ( shocking)
Here premium theme will obviously help you but How to boost your page speed?
- First, of all, you should have a powerful and speedy hosting. For this, I personally use and recommend Siteground hosting ( free cache plugin and many other features at low prices).
- For increasing my site speed I personally use Nitropack. ( alternatives are W3 Total Cache , wp rocket, etc.).
It is a special box that appears on the top of search engine result pages containing text description above the link.
When the user types a query and get the answer directly from this box.
- Only 12.3 % of search queries have featured snippets.
- Featured snippet steal clicks ( up to 4-5%).
- Try to reach that position and get featured.
- Include a question in a subheading and answer directly after that in your post. ( main query )
More information than normal snippet ( look nicer). Rich snippets can affect your ranking in long term. ( High CTR)
Google takes rich snippets from the schema markup.
Schema markup options are provided by many seo plugins but I recommend you to use Rank Math SEO plugin.
Bonus # Rank Math FAQ Schema
Add Frequently Asked Questions Schema in your post. This also helps to boost your ranking. ( good in terms of seo)
- Write questions and answers in this schema.
- Take questions from Quora and Google SERPs.
- Improves the visibility and authority of your website.
Check your SEO score through SEO analysis tool. ( SEMrush Site Audit tool)
- Check page speed and mobile-friendliness.
- Check for errors, redirects and broken links.
- Create a XML sitemap and submit in Google Search Console. ( automatic if you have installed SEO plugin).
- Your content, meta description, titles should be unique.
Promote your content like crazy on different social platforms ( quora, facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest etc.)
The most important strategy to get traffic on your post is promoting your post through sending e-mails ( e-mail marketing.)
Fact- Brain Dean Founder of Backlinko spends 20% time in content writing and 80% time in promoting that content.
SEMrush SEO content template tool
What if you can know how many words article you should write, what should be the readability score, length of title, type of keywords and many more so that you can beat your competitors?
Then Use SEMrush SEO content template tool which gives you suggestions based on top 10 pages ranking for that particular keyword.
Bonus #3 FREE SEO Ultimate Guide
FAQs related to SEO friendly content writing tips
What are the best tools used to generate SEO friendly content?
What is SEO friendly content?
SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) is a process that helps your post to rank on Google organic SERPs.
Doing basic On-page SEO and using the right SEO tools make your post SEO optimized and is called SEO friendly content
What type of content is best for SEO?
Unique high-quality in-depth content.
Content that fulfills searcher’s intent.
Something unique and different from your competitors.
Keyword optimized content ( use LSI keywords)
Designed content. ( images, infographics, charts , graphs and many other great visuals).
What are some hacks on SEO writing for beginners?
Do proper keyword research.
Do basic On-Page SEO ( keywords in title, meta, URL, subheads, alt text, and introduction)
Write catchy headlines.
Include an engaging introduction and conclusion in your post.
Write valuable and unique content.
Use the right SEO tools.
How do you test headlines?
I test my headlines through Coschedule Headline Analyzer
How many of these ultimate tips you already know?
If any question is stealing your mind power, feel free to ask. Comment