How to write a blog post fast? Writing a blog post was easy before but today 90% of bloggers didn’t get results from blogging. But WHY?
Because of not writing extraordinary blog posts or you can say not creating high-quality content. You know “Content is king”.
So, if we know how to manage the king then I think no one can stop you from ranking on top of Google.
So, what separates you from crowd is your way of writing a blog post. So, Let’s start the journey of writing an amazing blog post quickly.
We will disscuss about how to write a blog post deeply. So, It’s gonna going to be a incredible long journey.
Domain name, hosting, and platform- I assume that you have already bought a domain name and hosting. If not then buy a domain name ( short, no special characters, easily memorable) and buy a cheap and reliable hosting plan.
I recommend you to go for Siteground Grow Big Plan ( Value for money). Choose WordPress platform.
Keyword Research is the first and important step before starting to write a blog post. Targeting or using main keywords in your blog post tells the search engine crawler what your content is about.
- Understand your audience. What your audience is looking for? Understand this through understanding searchers’ intent.
- Don’t only focus on the keywords ( query) the user types in the search engine but also their intentions.
- Explore your niche and find topics.
- Take an idea of the topics and keywords through question and answer platforms, google related searches, and tools.
- Search keywords in the Keyword Analytics tool. Do deep analysis with the SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool. Choose 3-4 keywords from keyword suggestions in which one is your focus keyword.
- Which keywords to choose?- Average Volume (100-400), low competition, long-tail keywords, trend ( the keyword is still in trending or not).
- Look, which keywords your competitors are using.
- Analyze their blog post and take content ideas.
- Look how they have written their titles, meta description, introduction, and conclusion.
When the user types a query in the search engine, “ What is the first thing the user sees in SERPs to click on a blog post“. The answer is simple- Title.
It is the same as you read the whole news in the newspaper if you find the title engaging. So, what are catchy titles?
Power of your words in the title decide that your title is engaging or not. So, now the question is how to write engaging titles and increase title readability?
So, Lets see through a example. Have you noticed my title. “How to write a blog post fast that works-Ultimate Guide 2020
How to, fast, ultimate guide, 2020 are some of the power words I used to make this title engaging. Now, let’s see what the title readability ( through Rank Math SEO plugin) says about this title.
See, What Rank Math SEO plugin is telling that headlines with strong emotional sentiment, power words and a number tend to get more clicks.
- Positive and negative sentiment words- excellent, fun, enjoy, fast, slow, fantastic, powerful, afraid, suffer, failure ugly, etc.
- Power words- Ultimate, ultra, amazing, incredible, awesome, top, best, etc.
- Numbers- Top 10, 20 hacks, 2020, 5 steps etc.
What title readability says when I not include words and numbers in my title?
Some examples of engaging headlines are-
- 10 Ultimate Hacks to train your brain.
- You will be sorry if you miss this ultimate guide to SEO.
- 10 ultimate ways to boost website traffic?
- Here’s what you don’t know about blogs post?
- Top 20 AWESOME Types of Blog Posts You Can Write Today
- How to earn $10K in less than a month through blogs?
- How to start a blog from scratch in 2020?– Ultimate Guide
Ultimate hacks to write a catchy headline are-
- Put yourself into the shoes of the audience. Focus on what the user needs. What problem you are solving of the reader through your headline?
- Use emotional words. Make an emotional connection with the reader.
- You can also use site title generator to generate engaging headlines.
- Write clear, concise, and simple headlines.
- Your content should meet the exception that your headline generated in the mind of the reader. For e.g If you have a headline “Top 10 ways to money blogging” and in the content, you are telling how to start a blog. ( don’t do that).
- Long headlines tend to get more social shares. Make sure your title doesn’t exceed 60 characters.
Now comes the second most important thing to give an idea about your main content to your audience is introduction.
What happen if ” Audience clicks on the title and bounces off in few seconds”. It will increase your bounce rate which will give a negative impact to google search engine.
Why the audience bounces off? It is because of the introduction you have written ( you have not provide a good overview of your content).
Master solid introduction
- Quote or humor– People love quotes and humor. If you make the audience laugh, then that will be the best introduction for your blog post ( emotional connection).
- Curiosity– Make your audience curious by telling them “how your content is different from others?”. Why should they read your article?. Write about, ‘which problem of the audience you are solving through your content’.
- Tell them, “What is their loss if they didn’t read the article” ( loss aversion).
- Questions- Why people easily get engaged through questions? It is because questions make them curious ( to know the answer), questions give direction, and a good overview of your post.
- Facts- You can also start your blog post by telling them a fact. People love facts, researches, and examples.
- Also, you can write your own experience ( to gain the trust of people).
- Like you use the power, emotional and questionable words in the title use these words in your introduction also.
Congrats, now your audience has reached to the main body content.
Now comes the main body content in which you explain deeply about your topic. So, ‘How to write main body content so that people remain engaged?’ What is the right content length?
So, Let’s explore the main body content. Don’t forget the small quote “Content is King”.
Create a unique, simple, valuable,deep and high-quality content. What does it mean?
It means solving the main problem of the audience through providing correct depth information.
Your content length should be at least 1500 words to compete with your competitors. Now don’t provide invaluable information to reach that limit.
Just explain everything in deep so that no questions come in the reader’s mind.
Your content should be easily understable to the reader, if the reader finds difficulty in reading your content then the user will bounce back from your blog post ( not good in terms of ranking). So, keep your content simple.
Fresh content– Keep updating your old posts. Google ranks only the content which is fresh.
What about unique content? Don’t copy-paste the content. Search Engine crawler is smarter than you. If the crawler finds plagiarized content more than 5% then your site will get banned instantly.
Ultimate Hacks to create a High-quality content
Your first priority should be your audience. “How your content is helping the user?”. What your content is teaching the user? Create content for the user not only for the search engine.
Use power words in your content to keep your audience engaged. The two most powerful words for the content are “you” and “I”.
“You”- You means you. This word send signals to the reader that the writer is talking about them. ( not any 3rd person).
“I”- When I use the word “I”, it means I am sharing my experience with the audience. Telling your own experience in the content helps the reader to trust your information and keep them engaged.
Images and Info graphics
Use images and infographics in your content. “How many images you should use?”
See, It depends on the content length. But I suggest you to use 4-6 images in your content. Don’t fill your content with images ( if not image blog).
Using too many images get up to 20% less read. Using too many images decreases your page speed which is not a good signal to the search engine and also frustrates the user.
How I use infographics? Generally, I make an infographic conclusion. It means providing a summary of the whole blog post by making infographics. Write catchy and less text, use charts, and designs.
Infographics can be a excellent source to drive traffic to your website because many other sites use infographics as anchors. ( provide backlink by using your inforgraphic which directs to your website).
Don’t use more than 2 you tube videos in your content. ( it can be great if you use your own you tube videos).
- As I said above people love facts. Tell people facts and researches. Give examples for better understanding.
- Prove them using charts, images, videos, and graphs.
- Tell your own experience.
Don’t include more than 4-5 sentences in your content. Writing long paragraphs decreases content readability. Use table of content to break down-text. Include bullet lists.
So, the last tip is; Use simple words and a more active voice in your content.
If you are only writing quality content but not doing SEO on it, then search engine crawler will find it difficult to rank your blog post on the top of SERPs ( Search Engine result pages).
What is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of growing organic traffic on your site by appearing in the organic search results.
What is On-Page SEO– The actions that are performed on the page or you can say in your blog post to boost traffic. In simple language, it means optimizing your web pages ( content, source code).
To perform all these tasks and to measure your SEO score I recommend you to use Rank Math SEO plugin.
- Use your focus keyword at the beginning of the SEO title.
- Write unique and catchy titles. Use power, number, and questionable words.
- Title length should not exceed more than 60 characters.
Meta Description means giving an overview of your blog post in few words.
The second thing that appears on SERPs after titles, is your meta description. After reading titles audience read your meta description ( to decide whether to click on the page or not).
- Like titles make your meta description engaging.
- Ask questions, use a call to action words, and give a great overview.
- Meta description length should not be more than 160 characters.
- Use your focus keyword in the meta description. What I do sometimes is copy and paste all my subheadings into meta description ( so that all keywords get covered in the description).
- Crawler recognize the images through there alt text ( purpose of the image). The images that you see in the search engine appears through the matching of the query with the alt text.
- Don’t write long alternative text ( maximum 5-6 words).
- Use your focus keyword in the alt text.
- Use subheadings to organize your content.
- Priority of subheadings are H1>H2>H3>H4>H5>H6.
- Use only one <H1> tag ( title).
- Use your focus keyword in the subheadings.
- URL is what appears between title and meta description.
- Keep your URL short. ( max 75 characters).
- I recommend you to only write your focus keyword in the URL.
There is no ideal keyword density but don’t overoptimize your keyword.
Keep the keyword density natural. Like if your content is of 2000 word length the use your focus keyword at least 10 times in your content. Also use your secondary keywords.
Don’t forget to use your focus ( main keyword) in the first 10% of the content ( introduction).
Internal and External Links
Links are necessary to increase your crawl depth. When a search engine crawler crawls your page it jumps from one post to another through links ( link juice).
Internal Linking- Linking your blog post to another post within your website.
External Linking– Linking your post to another’s website post.
- Add at least 3-4 internal and external links in your content.
- External linking is more powerful than Internal Linking.
- External linking helps to build communication with other websites. The benefit is that you can get high-quality backlinks.
- Link externally only to high authority websites. ( related to your blog post). Use relevant anchors.
- See- Ultimate Hacks to write SEO friendly content.
- Check your site health through the SEMrush site auditing tool ( value for money tool).
- Check for redirection and errors. Redirect all your error to 301 redirections ( if required).
- Install SSL certificate ( HTTPs secure connection).
- Keep sitemaps option ON is SEO plugin or add them in Google Search Console.
- Mobile-Friendly- Make your website mobile-friendly. Don’t write long paragraphs, increase font and buttons size, and work on website architecture.
So, the last Bonus tip is; promote your content on social platforms ( quora, Facebook, you tube, pinterest etc.).
Read complete detailed SEO Ultimate Guide 2020.
Don’t forget to include conclusion in your post. Why to write a conclusion?
What some readers do is click on a blog post and directly move to the end of the post to read the conclusion ( to see if the post is worth reading or not), then read the article.
- Keep your conclusion short.
- Write a summary, recommendations, solutions, and predictions.
- Give your own personal opinion in the conclusion.
- Infographic conclusion– What I do is make an infographic of the whole blog post and post it in the conclusion. ( I already revealed the secret before).
- CTA ( Call to Action)– Now, this is the most important to keep your audience on your website. Include a call to action.
- Always end your conclusion with a question ( to increase comments and engagement of the audience).
- Grammarly- It is the best Free tool for correction of the grammar and spellings.
- SEMrush Tool- The best All in one tool- SEO, keyword analytics, competitive research, etc.
- Canva– Best Free tool to create high-quality images.
- Snipping Tool to take screenshots.
- Site Tiltle Generator.
- Keyword density checker tool.
- Plagiarism checker tool.
- Rank Math SEO plugin.
People love designs. So, design your blog post. Designing will be possible with the help of a page builder. I would highly-recommend you to start with Divi ( By elegant themes).
FAQs related to How to write a blog post?
How do I write my first blog post?
- Find a profitable niche
- Before writing you should take a short domain name, cheap and reliable hosting ( Siteground), and a good platform ( WordPress).
- Find topics related to your niche ( quora, google, youtube, etc.). Define your goals.
- Do keyword and competitive research. Pick the right keywords for your content.
- Write a catchy title and meta description.
- Write an engaging introduction ( facts, humor, power words).
- Write unique, relevant, deep, and high-quality content. Solve the problem of the audience.
- Include images, videos, and infographics.
- Do basic On-Page SEO.
- Write a short conclusion ( include CTA).
How are blogs written? ( or blog writing format)
- Write a persuasive title ( include power words).
- Write introduction ( give a great overview) and conclusion ( great summary).
- Include Call to Action Words especially in conclusion (don’t overuse).
- Don’t fill your post with ads.
- Organize into subheadings.
- Include images and videos.
- Write short paragraph ( max 3-4 sentences).
- Include bullet list for a better and clear view of blog post.
- Write long and quality content.
- Do keyword Optimization of your blog post.
Where can I write a blog for FREE?
It is the best strategy to explore your niche and master writing skills.
There are many platforms out there on which you can write a blog for FREE.
Some platforms are- Medium.com, WordPress.com, Linked In and blogger.com.
Start writing and see if it works for you. When people start liking and have some experience in your niche then you can create your own website and start making money from blogs.
Share this infographic. I appreciate your effort.